My Lab Assistant

My youngest son has been following the production of "Because, Science" closely, so much so he recently produced his own version using Bloxels, which included computers and potions. Amusingly he finished his version first and it is really good fun to play.



He has been very vocal and involved in discussing the game with me since it began, he has also been a tester and made regular suggestions. Yesterday I mentioned that he could plan out a floor in the real game, so in the evening he planned it out on paper ready for today.


My paper plan vs. his paper plan.

This morning I have given over control of "Because, Science" to my son to design one of the floors of the "TetraCognit Tower". Armed with his plans he drew out on paper, he is making steady progress. It is looking quite "glitchy" kind of like alternative dimensions keep crashing in and out of existence and that is pretty cool.



I am not sure how much of his floor we will keep in the final game but it has been a fun process for both of us and the conversations that have come out of it regarding design have been really interesting.

Comments